The Youth Catechesis (YC) Support Staff supports and assists the Director of YC with the administrative tasks connected with running the parish’s Religious Education Program. This position fosters relationships that help build up the parish community and extends hospitality in the name of Jesus Christ. In addition, this position ensures that the regular administrative tasks of the YC office are planned and executed with accuracy and completeness and in compliance with parish policies and procedures. All responsibilities are to be performed in a spirit of Christian service. This position reports to the Director of Youth Catechesis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With a missionary spirit, foster a climate of Christian service, teamwork and efficiency in the YC office while working with peers in SJC School and Parish Center.
- Serve as a contact for YC parents and parishioners, offering compassion and generosity to all, whether in person, in email, or on the phone.
- Handle phone calls and take messages as appropriate. Keep Director informed about parishioner situations, if any arise. Maintain phone and email system messages as needed.
- Assist with registration process for REP by working with Director to update forms, prepare communications, process returned registrations, and confirm registrations to parents as received.
- Work with YC team to maintain family registrations with student and volunteer data.
- Maintain any YC records needed. Record information into the parish database, Parish Data Systems (PDS). Maintain sacramental information and create certificates when needed.
- Prepare supplies for families, youth or volunteers as needed. Be present during class as needed.
- Assist with preparation for all sacramental retreats, events and sacramental liturgies as needed. Be present at retreats and sacraments as needed.
- Maintain excel sheets for Family Formation requirements and Sacramental requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
This part-time position is a flexible 6-8 hours a week, may include weekends for family and sacramental events.
- Demonstrate ability for hospitality, administration and service as well as excellent customer service orientation and teamwork skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management competencies while managing multiple priorities.
- Unquestioned honesty, integrity with co-workers and the utmost confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good judgement. Support of the Catholic Church’s teaching, mission and values. Ability to work well with others.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Adaptable to changing work environment and frequent interruptions.
High School Graduate. Prior Office Experience. Church or non-profit experience preferred.
Strong computer skills, especially with Excel, Word and Gmail. Excellent verbal, written and multi-tasking skills. Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on detail and accuracy.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Janet Caschetta, DRE St John of the Cross via email to email@example.com or by mail to 708 51st Street, Western Springs, IL 60558.