Mrs. Linehan’s 5th Grade Science
Sept. 2018 News
- Please read the introductory letter from last month if you have not. It answers many questions you may have.
- If your child is absent, daily assignments are found in Google Classroom. Please check Google Classroom/Google Guardian.
- Students are responsible for completing the vocabulary for the lesson we are learning about in class. The chapters in the book are broken down into lessons and I will assign the vocabulary as appropriate.
- Students write the vocabulary word, its definition and draw a colorful illustration (sketch) for each word.
- Students keep an Interactive Science Notebook for class (green composition book).
- This month’s topic is What Do Scientists DO?
- Students will be assigned a specific type of scientist to research, complete a report on, and will make a foldable. Watch Google classroom/Guardian for updated due dates.
- Students will attend labs on Thursday afternoons. Each lab will be part of the STEM, STEAM, or STREAM process.
- If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enjoy your September!
Mrs. Ann Linehan