SCIENCE – Interactive Science (Pearson)
Topics of Study
Properties of Matter
- What are the properties of matter?
Forces and Motion
- What affects the motion of objects?
Growth and Survival
- How do plants and animals grow and change?
- How do living things interact with their environment?
The Water Cycle and Weather
- How does water move through the environment?
Earth and Space
- How do objects move in space?
STEM and Engineering Design
Next Generation Science Standards
Structure and Properties of Matter
- Structure and Properties of Matter
- Chemical Reactions
Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems
- Energy in Chemical Processes and Everyday Life
- Organization for Matter and Energy Flow in Organisms
- Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
- Cycles of Matter and Energy Transfer in Ecosystems
- Earth Materials and Systems
- The Roles of Water in Earth’s Surface Processes
- Human Impacts on Earth Systems
Space Systems: Stars and the Solar System
- Types of Interactions
- The Universe and its Stars
- Earth and the Solar System
- Defining and Delimiting Engineering Problems
- Developing Possible Solutions
- Optimizing the Design Solution