Towards the beginning of May, we will finish reading The Giver and start our post-reading activities. These activities include the following:
- Interpret the ambiguous ending and analyze the author’s purpose for giving it an ambiguous ending.
- Write a 24th “chapter” for The Giver that incorporates vocabulary words from the novel.
- Identify major themes in the novel.
- Read and analyze Lois Lowry’s Newberry Award Acceptance Speech for The Giver.
- Understand and demonstrate understanding of various supplemental grammar lessons.
- Take a final test over The Giver.
Students will be finishing up their Research Report Presentations in the second week of May.
Students will continue Membean training to strengthen vocabulary skills. Students are required to complete 15 minutes of training two times a week. The last week of Membean training will be May 18-24. Along with Membean, we will be focusing on specific vocabulary words throughout The Giver.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.