Age of Admission
A child entering school must be in compliance with the age requirements of the State of Illinois regarding age of admission.
Pre-School: Students entering three-year old pre-school must be three on or before September 1, 2018. Students entering four-year old pre-school must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2018.
Please note, our four-year-old morning pre-school is full and on a waitlist. There is availability in our afternoon program.
Kindergarten: Students entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2018.
We currently offer Full and Half Day Kindergarten. However, an adequate number of students must be enrolled by April 30, 2018, to ensure a Half Day Kindergarten Program.
First Grade: Students entering grade one must be six years of age on or before September 1, 2018.
All children must be up to date on their immunizations.
All children must be toilet trained.
Qualifications for Admission
An application for admission, a meeting with our Director of Advancement, Jennifer Miller, a non-refundable $275 application fee, an original birth certificate, an original baptismal certificate, if applicable, a copy of the immunization/health record are needed. The application must be submitted to the school and families will be notified of the admission decisions by March 1, 2018. The following qualifications will be considered in determining priority for admission:
- Children with a sibling currently enrolled at Saint John of the Cross Parish School.
- Children of parish families who have been active, engaged, registered, and contributing parishioners of Saint John of the Cross Parish.
- Children of new parish families who have been active, engaged, registered and contributing parishioners of St. John of the Cross Parish as of the year in which they seek enrollment.
- Children of families who are not currently registered at St. John of the Cross Parish.
- Families should contact Jennifer Miller, Director of Advancement for an appointment to tour the school.
- Once St. John of the Cross Parish School has received the application and necessary attachments, it is reviewed for academic fit.
- If it is deemed that there is an academic fit, the student will be asked to shadow at the school and interview with the Principal.
Following these steps, an admissions decision will be made.
ALL NEW and TRANSFER students will be admitted on a probationary basis. A student new/transferring to St. John of the Cross Parish School, is considered to be on both academic and behavior probation for up to one full school year, and St. John of the Cross reserves the right to remove any student at any time for failure to conform to academic or behavioral expectations.
If the child is accepted and enrolls, $200 of the non-refundable $275 application fee will be credited towards tuition.
Application for Admission for the 2018-19 School Year
Please contact our Director of Advancement, Jennifer Miller, Admissions Representative, at email@example.com for additional information on admissions criteria.