The mission of St. John of the Cross Parish School is to provide a safe and dynamic Catholic environment where faith is nourished and knowledge grows. We offer challenging educational experiences that foster success, promote unity, and respect the individuality of each student. Our parish school prides itself on multi-generational Catholic traditions and achievement, which empowers our students to live The Good News.
St. John of the Cross Parish School is located in Western Springs. SJC offers an excellent education in a Catholic faith filled environment.
- Three and four year old preschool
- Full and half day kindergarten
- Grades one through eight
- SJC attracts students from Western Springs, LaGrange, Hinsdale, Burr Ridge, Willow Brook, Willow Springs, Chicago and other local communities. Currently, we enroll over 630 students from over 330 families.
- SJC follows the Archdiocesan curriculum which is aligned with State of Illinois learning standards.
- SJC also offers complete music, art, physical education, computers and Spanish programs.
Faith, Service and Sacraments
- School children plan and participate in monthly school liturgies as well as holy day masses.
- School children plan and prepare class and grade level prayer services.
- SJC faith traditions include the Living Rosary, Christmas Pageant, Peace and Justice Prayers and Eucharistic Adoration.
- SJC sponsors Port Sandwich Making Ministry, Christmas Service Project Parties and many other service experiences.
- Teachers work with the Parish Youth Catechesis program to prepare students for reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation.
- School Chapel
- Learning Resource Center
- Dedicated Science Lab
- Computer Lab
- Art & Music Rooms
- Upper Gymnasium with Stage
- Lower Gymnasium / Lunchroom
- Outdoor Environmental Learning Space
- New Computers in a dedicated computer lab
- IPad and ITouch Pilot Program
- Learning Resource Center computer stations
- Mobile Laptop Computer Lab for classroom use
- Stationary classroom computers with wireless internet access
- Smartboards and Elmo Document Cameras
- Port Sandwich Making Ministry
- Student Council
- Math, Science and Recycling Clubs
- Yearbook and Journalism Clubs
- Speech Club
- Choir and Band
- School Play
No-Cut Athletic Program for Grades 5-8
- Boys and girls cross country
- Boys and girls track and field
- Boys and girls basketball
- Girls volleyball