Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for taking the time to visit St. John of the Cross Parish School. For over 50 years we have been providing a safe and dynamic Catholic environment in the Western Springs community. In accordance with our mission, we offer challenging educational experiences that foster success, promote unity, and respect the individuality of each student.
Last year, on average, 93% of our students scored above the national average on the Terra Nova tests, while our eighth graders scored above the average of all students taking the Explore high school entrance exam within the local district.
Our parents choose SJC for many of the following reasons:
- A caring, healthy, and safe environment.
- The ongoing commitment to the Catholic faith on a daily basis.
- Comprehensive music, art, technology, and Spanish programs.
- Student Resource teachers who are professionally certified teachers integral to creating small group learning experiences for students.
- Dedicated science and technology labs.
- Exceptional technology including SMART Boards, one to one iPads for our 4-8th grades, Chromebooks, Laptop Computers, and iTouch devices.
- The ongoing commitment to instilling the importance of giving back by community service activities.
- No cut athletics for boys and girls along with a state of the art gymnasium.
- Many co-curricular activites
- 3 and 4 year old preschool programs as well as half and full day Kindergarten.
- Before and after school extended day programs.
We welcome you to our community and hope you enjoy your visit. Please let me know how I can assist you in anyway.