Baptism is the external rite celebrating the entrance of a person into the Catholic faith and the parish family. It is the beginning of a child’s—or adult’s—Christian life, the time when he or she enters into a life of grace. Baptisms are held three Sundays per month at 12:15pm.
Arranging a Baptism involves two steps:
1. Call the Parish Center about arrangements.
All the information we will need to have your baby baptized will be asked over the phone. For example, you will be asked if you have chosen godparents. One godparent must be a practicing, confirmed Catholic. An unbaptized person cannot be a godparent or sponsor. Call between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.to speak with one of our receptionists.
- Baptisms are held on Sunday afternoons at 12:15pm each month. Up to four babies are baptized in one ceremony. Families meet in the church community room about 20 minutes before the Baptism.
2. Attend a Baptism Preparation Class.
- All parents (even if they have had another child Baptized), are asked to attend a Baptism Preparation Class, usually held the 4th Sunday of the month, except for the month of May when the class is on the last Sunday, May 31.
- Baptism Coordinators serve as Facilitators for the Baptism Preparation Class and the Baptisms.
St. John of the Cross is honored and happy to celebrate the baptism of your child with you and your family. For adult baptisms, please see RCIA menu section.
2020 Baptism Dates
Baptisms are at 12:15pm unless noted otherwise.
Sorry, dates marked in red are full.
- January 5, 12, 19
- February 2, 9, 16
- March 1, 8, 15, 29
- April 19
- May 3 and May 10 at 1pm
- May 17
- June 7, 14, 21
- July 5, 12, 19
- August 2, 9, 16
- September 6, 13, 20
- October 4, 11, 18
- November 1, 8, 15
- December 6, 13, 20