The St. John of the Cross School Advisory Board consists of nine adults, each of whom shall be a registered member of the parish or a parent of a child currently enrolled in the school. Salaried employees of the parish or members of their immediate families and spouses of present board members, whose term of office will not have expired by June of such election year, shall not be eligible.
Three members are elected each year for a term of three years each.
The board conducts regularly scheduled monthly meetings and each board member will be assigned a work group.
The purpose of the School Advisory Board is:
- To develop, formulate, and adopt policies which govern the operation of the school enabling it to reach its goals.
- In collaboration with the Pastor, to hire and evaluate the Principal
- To review and advise on the annual budget and to determine sources of funding for the school
- To provide counsel and advice on the vision of the School
- Collaborate in the implementation of the school’s three to five year plan.
Working in close collaboration with the Principal and the Pastor, it shall be the responsibility of the board to listen to and communicate with parishioners and school parents. The board does not serve as a grievance board.