ALPHA for Teens meets on Sundays, from 6:15-7:30pm in the Parish Center
High school teens from multiple parishes gathered for our first Alpha for Teens Sunday, January 12, to view and discuss that million-dollar question: Life: Is this It? If you missed the first session, watch Episode 1 in the sidebar.
Here are a couple of takeaways from our night: “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” C.S. Lewis
Alpha is an invitation to explore life’s biggest questions and a chance to look at life and message of Jesus. Every opinion and question is welcome.
The episode on January 19th will be “Jesus: Who is He?” Dinner by overwhelming majority: TACOS!!
What is Alpha for Teens?
Alpha for Teens is a 9 week course that creates a space where teens can be excited to bring their friends for a conversation about Jesus. In each session we’ll eat food, watch a talk, and discuss questions in small groups.
- Food has a way of bringing people together and building community. So whether it’s a light snack, sweets or a full meal, Alpha always starts with food.
- The talks tackle core questions about life and faith from a Christian perspective. Each episode averages 23 minutes in length.
- Throughout each episode, there are three discussion breaks. These breaks give everyone a chance to share thoughts and ideas in small groups without fear of being corrected or judged.
- Along the way there are opportunities to experience worship through music and moments for prayer.
- All of this is done in a fun environment where everyone is welcome.