Week of May 26th
Author’s day was a huge success! Thank you to the parents who came early to help us get set up. The first graders truly felt like real authors and were so proud to share their works with you.
On Wednesday we will share lunch with our 8th grade buddies as their final event before graduation. Please remember a blanket or beach towel for the two buddies to sit on. We recognize that your child has enjoyed having a special 8th grade buddy all year. However, we do ask that you do not give gifts during the buddy lunch. The gesture of providing lunch is enough and will be remembered long after any cards or trinkets are gone.
During this week each homeroom will be working on our poetry performances, which we will give to the other primary classrooms. We will be creating a book of poems; both writing and illustrating various poems. Your child will be coming home with their poem. Please practice reading your child’s poem with them.
* Tuesday, June 2nd, this is our final day of classroom activities. We will also spend a portion of our day cleaning and closing down our classroom. In preparation for Tuesday: Each student will bring home a shopping bag with their belongings. If you have not already sent in a large shopping bag with a handle, please do so ASAP. Discuss with your child what school supplies they should keep (if any) and what supplies can be donated to the school supply drive.
* Thursday, June 4th, Celebrate SJC Day Students may be out of uniform. Sunscreen and a hat are highly recommended since the students will be outside for most of the day. Please apply sunscreen BEFORE coming to school. Lunch and plenty of snacks will be provided throughout the day.
* Friday, June 5th, Students should be in uniform. An all school liturgy will begin a 9:15. Dismissal is at 11:00
* If you have not sent in the $20 fee to cover the Author’s Day supplies please do so as soon as possible.
* All Everyday Math Reference books DO NOT need to be returned.