Week of March 2nd
*We are continuing to pray, give alms and make better choices during lent. Don’t forget to send in a few coins for our “rice bowl” for the missions.
* Check your child’s teacher homepage about Chapel Prayer
* Students will be tested on the Prayer of Saint Francis, The Lord’s Prayer, and the Hail Mary.
* We will discuss the meaning of petitions and discover how the church prays to the Holy Spirit.
* Room 103 will do a book study on the story Fortunately by Remy Charlip. They will read, discuss complete a repeated reading and analyze the pattern in the book. The students will complete a project using this book which will be on display at Spotlight SJC day in May.
*The phonics rule this week are “ar, or, ear trickers”. Some examples of these words are: learn, collar and world. The story this week is Slumber Party.
*There will be no spelling test this week. There will be one next week on Friday, March 13th. The spelling words are as follows: collar, dollar, forward, backward, word, worm, world, earn, earth and early.
* The students will be making a class book on Adverbs.
* Subtract using a 10 frame and practice different strategies for minus 8 & 9
* Review strategy for 2 digit addition
* Review measuring and be introduced to centimeters
* Review What’s My Rule and play Tric & Trac game
* Terra Nova Testing this week for 3rd-7th
* Report Cards Sent Home – Friday, March 6th
* All School Liturgy – Tuesday, March 10th
- Week of March 2nd
- First Grade News
- Week of February 16-20, 2105
- Week of February 9-13, 2105
- First Grade – Week of February 2, 2015
- First Grade News – Catholic School’s Week – January 26-30
- Week of January 19-23, 2015
- Week of January 12th
- Week of January 5-9, 2015
- First Grade News – Week of December 8th.