Newsletter Week of March 10-14, 2014
This week we will discuss ways Jesus prayed and learn how to pray with a Gospel story. We will experience praying with God’s word as a way of getting closer to Jesus. On Wednesday we will celebrate our weekly chapel prayer service. It is such a special time for our class to pray and be together. On Friday we will preview the upcoming Sunday Gospel stories in preparation for Sunday’s liturgy.
*This week room 104 will continue with the Superkids Program. They will read the story “The Lost Mitt”. They will also learn about adverbs and write Room 104′s Book About Adverbs.
*Room 103 will do a book study on the story Fortunately by Remy Charlip. They will read, discuss complete a repeated reading and analyze the pattern in the book. The students will complete a project using this book which will be on display at Spotlight SJC day in May.
*103 and 104 will have a spelling test on Friday, March 14th. Here are the words: kind, boy, find, right, wash, light, boil, join, point, toy.
This week we will introduce telling time to the 5 minute interval on an analog clock and practice telling time on a digital clock. We will play the coin exchange game so we can better understand the connection between the various denominations of coins. These activities will help us complete unit 6 and be prepared to take the assessment on Friday. The review page which will be sent home on Thursday is for your review/practice and does not need to be returned.
* Friday, March 14 – Spring Pictures. Students may be out of uniform
* Monday, March 17- All School Liturgy celebrating on St. Patrick and St. Joseph. Please help your child remember to bring a non-perisible food item as a donation.
- Newsletter Week of March 10-14, 2014
- First Grade News-March 3-7 Room 103 and 104
- February 24, 2014 – First Grade News
- Week of February 10-14, 2014 – Rooms 103 & 104
- First Grade News – February 3-7 – Room 103 and 104
- First Grade – Week of January 27th – Room 103 and 104
- First Grade Newsletter Week of January 20-24, 2014
- Week of January 13-17, 2013
- First Grade – January 8 – 10 – short week – Room 103 and Room 104
- First Grade – Room 103 and 104- December 16